Friday, October 24, 2008

P90X - Day 12

Day 12

Today I started out afraid.

These back pains I've mentioned before are really interfering with certain exercises, but I must push it and work this back so that eventually these ab targeted workouts work my abs. Hopefully that's all it is. I've had this kind of thing for years, but I'm bummed that it's hitting me now that I've got "It" with me.

Legs and back is the name of the game today and we got to do those killer against the wall 90 degree one leg holds and such. There were also some great other things there that are a real treat, let me tell you. I'm not going to spoil it for you. I hope you get to try it out for yourself, then you can cry on my shoulder. I'm feeling man enough now to let somebody cry on my shoulder, I think. Thanks P90X!

Anywho, I think I was rolling maybe a 60/40 set today. About 60 percent of the brutal exercises I beat out last week's reps. Many I even beat out by quite a ways. That 40 percent - well, that's the exercises that beat me worse this time than last time.

For the pull-ups/chin-ups I was 50/50. I tried using some double up workout bands and stepped back and knelt down just to get enough reps, since I certainly wasn't really bringing anything to the pull-up bar today.

Nice thing today though - Ab Ripper X!!! Yes, I forgot how much I hated that!

The back was really bothering me today, but I really pushed myself. Did about 70/30. versus day 10. The absolute hardest thing here is not the crazy sit-up inside a sit-up thing that I can only do 5 out of 25 of, but rather this legs up back up making a floating situp position and then swinging over your left then right with your hands clasped together in front of you and bringing your hands down to touch left, then right to equal one rep. This is done rapidly and the goal is no less than 40. I did 16 today with short breaks of 5 seconds or so in between a spurt. The best part about it is that it's the very last routine. By that point, I have no idea where I put "It", but I swear I brought it with me...

No comments: