Monday, October 20, 2008

P90X - Day 7 - Rest Day

10/19/2008

Day 7

Well, I woke up today quite sore everywhere. I let myself sleep in today. I was definitely looking forward to taking on the relaxing Stretch X after waking up to loosen up and reduce this pain.

Stretch X is what Yoga is supposed to be - relaxing and beneficial. The hour of stretching really opened up the sore muscles again. I let my 6 year old daughter do it with me. She had fun for a few minutes, but then got bored.

I quit a few minutes early because I should have got up earlier and there was stuff I needed to get going on. The pain was gone for a couple hours, but came back, although much reduced.

I can't let myself get up so late next Sunday. It threw off my whole eating schedule. I had my "morning" protien shake breakfast, but it was actually a quarter to 11 in the morning. And realizing lunch would be coming up soon, I made the decision to do the usual snack instead of lunch (I normally eat every 2 hours on this diet, but not any more after dinner). So I had my Cliff bar for lunch and then another snack a couple hours after that, then a really good dinner (my wife makes the best roast!).

I then polished off my carb intake for the day with some too-late-at-night chips and salsa. I was able to have a whopping 9 chips. Had I had more carbs at dinner I would have only been able to have chip and salsa. Can't wait until phase two when I can double my carb intake. I went to bed still a little sore (actually I fell asleep on the couch watching History Channel).

Let's see what the new week brings...

No comments: