Thursday, October 30, 2008

P90X - Day 13 - This sucks

10/25/2008

Day 13

So, today was my absolute worst day ever. I felt like I was in slow motion. I even got out of sync on the jumping jacks because my legs weren't obeying my instructions - one of them just kind of drug on the ground instead of getting off the floor and out where it should have been.

It was Kenpo and, although it's usually hard work, I usually like it. Not so today. I averaged about 1/3 of the reps and keeping up. Simply no power. I felt like this was my third workout of the day.

I didn't have to go to work today for a change, so I was almost looking forward to the workout. That is, until I started. 7AM and I start the warm up like normal, only I simply don't seem to be able to do anything. I felt like I was punching and kicking in water up to my neck. It was incredibly deflating.

My mind started looking for things to blame and I came up with a few possible factors: I didn't eat as much as I should have the last two days, I ate later than I should have last night, I went to bed much earlier than I hoped (earlier this morning, that is), and I "Brought It" so hard yesterday that my left leg literally tried to collapse when I was kicking with my right today (I was actually having to put my hand on my thigh hard to help support my leg).

This is absolutely the worst day I've had doing this and the worst I've felt in months. I guess I need to be more careful.

Fortunately I'm heading out of town with my wife for a quick getaway this afternoon. I wonder what I'll eat...

No comments: