Wednesday, October 15, 2008

P90X - Day 3 - I Have 87 More Days of This?!?!

Day 3

Let's see, what were my weeknesses again? Oh, that's right, cardio and abs. Fortunately, I dodged the double feature, but I'm still going to go though some serious ab workouts today. Not just any abs, the Ab Ripper X. Unbelievable. But we'll come back to that.

Day three the first thing on my mind is to not have the cardio make me refund my carefully planned diet. Lucky for me we're dealing with upper body - shoulders, arms and chest. Not much cardio, which is fine by me - even good.

Today it seems like I was right all along in my suspicions - these exercises are scientifically formulated to DESTROY you! You get going at something until you've nearly killed your arms or [substitute body part here] doing it and then you do something else even harder right afterward! Oh wait, there's more! After you've done that, then you get to go right back to the thing that beat you in the first place, but this time Tony's yelling at you to "Bring It!" and you got to do what Tony says. This is why P90X works. What an amazing program. It makes you afraid to quit and willing to shamelessly sacrifice your body to accomplish your goals. Brilliant!

So, after my lats, triceps and shoulders are worn out we get to start the infamous Ab Ripper X. I don't think the name inspires enough fear - it's deceptively polite. The Ab Ripper makes you do things you've NEVER tried before and would never want to. It actually makes you do sit-ups within sit-ups, while cruching and toe touching, all while keeping your back and your legs off the ground. It is simply brutal. Even my fit friend could only keep up about 1/2 to 2/3 of the reps. I was probably somewhere around a quarter. It absolutely broke me. And I get to look forward to doing it again and "Bringing It!" on Friday...

No comments: