Thursday, October 23, 2008

P90X - Day 8 - Here We Go Again...

10/20/2008

I haven't been so good at blogging daily the last few days due to computer access (me and my motivation have been on the couch at night, while the computer's been at least 8 feet away from me), so this is a catch up blogging session.

Day 8

I've made it through a full week. Feeling pretty good about myself, even. I'm both anxious and excited to test my self. And by anxious, I mean nervous. This was what so easily beat me to the point of vomiting the week before. This is a test of manhood. A test of my ability to "Bring It". I've got a lot to lose here.

So there we were at 8:30AM hitting the same exercises that destroyed me last time. This time, things made a bit more sense. I could follow it. I could even breathe. Don't get me wrong, it was still a positively miserable experience again, but somehow I had more tolerance for it (and stamina). I made it all the way through these crazy exercises that have been so carefully crafted to hurt me. I tried to keep a mental notebook of my resistance (I'd say performance, but if something is this set on beating you, the best you can do is to resist it at every turn) and I have a recognizable increase in my ability to fight this massive, exhausting wave of P90X. Or was I just so incredibly feeble in my attempt last week that it's my mind trying to make me pat myself on the back for a job still done inadequately?

On the good side, since I've been feeling better I had a positive outlook going into today. But I now I'm scared, because I don't hurt afterward like I did all of last week. So, does that mean I'm not "Bringing It" like I should be? It is a concern. It's a concern that gets widened after instead of feeling energized I feel tired most of the day afterward. Strange. I'm sure it has nothing to do with sleeping less than a cat naps.

Now, this diet thing. I find it amazingly difficult to stay within its guidelines and still have a reasonably filling and diverse menu to work with. I'm sure that it wouldn't be any issue if that "rich" thing I mentioned before panned out. Strangely, drinking water bothered me so much at first, but now I find myself enjoying it. I'm drinking about 80 ounces a day. It just took me a while to figure out that I used to do the dew because I wanted to drink. Trying to drink water that way definitely didn't work, but I've got the when and how down pat now.

Rumour has it that protein takes about 48 hours to hit your system and complex carbs take about 36. Based on that, we'll see how Sunday's bad eating schedule affects me tomorrow when I'm trying to "Bring It"...

No comments: