Monday, October 20, 2008

P90X - Day 6 - "Bring It"

10/18/2008

Day 6

I'm feeling pretty good about myself here. Today is Kenpo X and I'm ready to hit it hard. I'm feeling more confident already. After being able to handle yesterday, my only concern is whether my quads will keep up.

I hit this pretty hard, but decided early on that I needed to be a little careful. Truthfully, I'm starting to really like this Tony Horton guy. The guy that does everything, but never even has to breathe hard. He's good. Stupid humor that I can relate to, goes into enough detail that you're always sure you're doing it right, and let's you know when to and when not to "Bring It".

At about the halfway point I was ready for this to end. I felt totally beat, but I kept going. Some of the exercises I backed off the reps once I started not being able to keep up with doing them right (as you should do). I used those little pauses to shake, stay loose, and get a bit of water.

This was a hard workout, but I felt pretty good afterward. Until that night. This is the sorest I've been so far.

I treated myself to a Subway 6" sandwich as a reward for the week (it's allowable in the nutrition plan, occasionally). Instead of chips I had celery sticks and instead of a Coke I had V8 and water. That was the most satisfying meal I've had since starting.

Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow...

No comments: