Friday, October 31, 2008

P90X - Day 16 - Bringing It Solo

10/29/2008

Day 16

So, today my friend had a family matter that kept him from coming and "Bringing It" this morning. No problem, though, because I brought It with me and I'm hoping to drop It off.

Cardio X - a fun 50 minutes. I almost mean that. I think I pushed a little harder since my friend wasn't here to push, just to be sure I was pushing.

I felt good afterward - felt like I was starting to get in the swing of things.

My back did bother me somewhat. Seems to have worsened a little yesterday and it's a little better today, but certain things I definitely hurt trying to do.

I have to say, I'm definitely looking very forward to not bringing it next week. At the same time, I have this desire to hurt myself and the thought of Phase II is enticing. Won't be too long now.

I went ahead and braved the scale today - I'm down two more pounds! 189. Feels pretty good, but I wish I could see a difference. They guys at work are always encouraging, which definitely helps. I'm sure having a hard time with this diet, though. I called my friend tonight to tell him I was quitting the diet. It's just so hard to really eat when you have to avoid carbs so much. I need some fricking energy!

He talked me into more or less sticking with it. I thought he was my friend. Oh well, it's only another 74 days.

Oi...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds so killer! Way to keep doing this for weeks. Don't know if you are still or not, but the time and knowledge you have put in will benefit you I am sure. One point - Brian, who is a workout maniac - totally obsessed and annoying in fact - was stuck at the same weight for months, years, whatever. Until recently. The change? He began eating 2 eggs every day. Protein and a little more calories. For what it's worth :)
Love you lots,
Jeanni

Anonymous said...

I mean Brian was stuck at the same WEIGHTS that he could lift or pump or whatever it is he does. Not his body weight.

Chuck said...

I enjoyed reading your posts about trying to conquer P90X. Your story was inspirational. Then it stopped after Day 16. You were P90Xing alone....did something happen? Are you okay?