Thursday, October 16, 2008

P90X - Day 4 - Hmmm....

Day 4

Who knew Yoga (yeah, that relaxing, stretching thing that seems so popular the last few years) can be so hard, painful, and physically exhausting? Oh, oops, this isn't yoga, this is Yoga X. Seems like everything in this bag of fun has an X after it.

So, the yoga starts out pretty straight forward - stretches, upward dog, downward dog, all sorts of other things, etc. Seems easy enough until you've gone about 15 minutes and things are starting to seem monotonous, although that's actually deceptive, it's actually getting a little tougher each time you do it - you're pushing just a little more, and dipping a little lower. After about 30 minutes, when you're already about dead tired in the legs and arms, then you finally change.

Now you're doing way harder extreme stretches and incredible balancing acts that test what little strength you have left. After a half hour of that, you finally get to step up into some nice relaxing stretches for about 15 minutes. But that's just because you're about to get an ab beating second only to the Ab Ripper X.

Today, overall, was more physically draining than the previous days, but I'm finding myself recovering faster than I had been. I also feel a little different. Can't quite put my finger on it. I don't dare check the scale yet, but I do feel a little better.

I have a target diet of around 2400 controlled calories so I can keep my energy up for all this crazy stuff. I added up today and I'm falling about 700 calories short. Probably not good, but I feel okay. We'll see if I pass out tomorrow...

No comments: